Sunday, May 13, 2007

Warm Welcome at 15F

Indeed the 15th floor of the building I used to work for is haunted! The tales in that floor doesn't end with Anne's sharing. It's just the beginning.

I worked for about 5 years in the building where Anne and I met. My first job in that building was at the 12th floor. I thought that I wouldn't have "friends" anymore at the 15th floor when I moved.

I was wrong. Dead wrong.

I moved places several times at the 15th floor. There were a lot of changes when I entered the organization because they had to adjust to the "new media" section that I brought in with me.

Anyway, I was used to staying late in the office and was quite surprised that the place would be deserted by 4:30 p.m. It wasn't a wonder because the average age in the organization when I came in was above 40. They were all scrambling to go home even before the hymn that signaled EOD played.

One thing my spirit questor friend was not able to close was my "third ear" (audio). Back when I was in the 12th floor of that building I used to hear a lot of voices calling out to me (I'll tell that story some other time). I thought that when I moved to the 15th floor it wouldn't happen again. But, of course, it did.

My first encounter was hearing a mature woman call my name. I thought it was one of the mommies from the other section and I'd always say, "Bakit po?" My colleagues would then look at me strangely and tell me no one was calling me. It happened several times and the worst time was when she called out to me when I was already alone in my little corner at the 15th floor. That actually happened on my birthday when I was waiting for my parents to pick me up for my birthday dinner.

I was on the phone at that time and it was way past 7 in the evening. I was looking out the window and watching cars driving by the Skyway. "Aileen," she said, it was barely a whisper. At first I didn't hear it since I was chatting with a friend. "Aileen, " a bit stronger now. I heard it and told my friend, "Just a minute somebody's calling me." I stood up and looked around. Nobody was there. I took a deep breath and ignored the call.

I was quite bothered about it, not scared, but bothered.

The next day I asked the mommies if there was a spirit wandering the area and they said that a few years back one of the publishing supervisors passed away in a car accident. They said she has probably not moved on that's why she still wanders the halls of the 15F. They also told me that I shouldn't be scared coz she was just welcoming me.

And that was just one of the encounters I had in the 15F.

*EOD - end of day

Bakit po - Why?

1 comment:

Eilanna said... is only the beginning...